Manufacturing Engineer / PLC Programmer
Position: The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLC’s, HMI’s, and process controllers. The PLC Programmer will create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design. Troubleshoot equipment and resolve issues efficiently.
Star Tribune Names The Specialty Manufacturing Company a Top Workplace – 2019
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! – 2020
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $35.00 – $38.00 per hour / DOQ
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 401K Profit Sharing (up to 25%)
- 15 days of PTO
- Paid day off for your annual physical
Duties and Responsibilities: (Not limited to the following)
- Support the design and implementation of automated manufacturing production lines.
- Integrate automated systems into new and existing manufacturing and assembly lines.
- Work with CI Team and Maintenance technicians to ensure proper machine and equipment functionality.
- Diagnose and solve root problems to ensure production flow is maintained.
- Use Lean techniques to perform process reviews and aid in establishing standardized work/operating procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement, corrective action activities and provide ideas and feedback.
- Make hardware and/or software purchasing recommendations regarding application development.
- Assist with automated equipment assembly and robot integration.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, as well as production personnel to debug machines and ensure machine operation meets requirements.
- Comply with established job safety practices, procedures as specified by company policies.
- Assist in training on new automated equipment.
- Design, build, and implement custom machines specifically intended for our internal use or use of our customers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to set up and troubleshoot various communication networks.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge and ability to write and alter PLC and HM applications.
- Must follow standard programming practices.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering experience
- 2 year or 4 year of Technical college preferred
- Experience with machine vision systems
- Experience with Solid works
- Experience with multiple areas of manufacturing – Plastic Injection molding, Assembly, Machining
- Must be able to stand and sit for long periods of time
The Specialty Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer. The Specialty Manufacturing will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.