Position: Maintenance Mechanic
Shift: 2nd shift, M-TH 2:15 PM -12:45 AM
Location: The Specialty Mfg. Co. – White Bear Lake, MN
The Maintenance Technician is responsible to perform the maintenance, repair and installation of the equipment which are part of the buildings, material handling and grounds.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: $25.00 – $30.00 / DOQ
- 401K Profit Sharing of up to 25 % of an employee’s annual salary in the form of a 401K contribution
- 3 weeks of PTO after 90 days of employment
- Average of 9 paid holidays
- Paid day off for your annual physical
- Company paid Life Insurance, AD&D, LTD , and wage continuation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, Life Insurance
- Paid weekly
Duties and Responsibilities: (Not limited to the following)
- Diagnose and repair problems with all building and production equipment.
- Design and build equipment to assist in maintenance and repair.
- Perform all required preventative maintenance on production and building equipment.
- Perform other facility maintenance duties as required.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Ability to trouble shoot mechanical and electrical problems
- Ability to operate hand tools such as lathe, drill press , air tools, sweeper, lawn mower, forklifts and drivealbe man-lift
- Ability to read blue prints and electrical, mechanical and hydraulic schematics\
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to perform welding, pipe fitting, carpentry and electrical duties
- May require to work during non production hours including nights and weekends if necessary
Education and Experience:
- High School degree or GED plus two year trade school or equivalent experience