Material Handler – Machining, 2nd Shift
We are looking for a fulltime Material Handler for our machining department. This position is responsible for physical movement of inventory in and around the warehouse. The Material Handler is responsible for operating equipment, including but not limited to; parts cleaners, degreasing, chip spinner, etc.
Star Tribune Names The Specialty Manufacturing Company a Top Workplace – 2019
We’re proud to be a Great Place to Work-Certified™ company! – 2020
Shift: 2nd Shift, Monday through Thursday, 2:15pm – 12:45 am
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary: DOQ
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401K Profit Sharing (up to 25%)
- 15 days of PTO
- Paid weekly
Essential Job Functions (May include all or part of the following)
- Assist in coordinating the workflow including movement of parts and chips.
- Put new inventory in a warehouse location and complete corresponding transactions in the computer.
- Receive inventory during in house transfers and outside suppliers per The Specialty Mfg. Co. procedures.
- Issuing materials to production jobs.
- Receipt of production into inventory.
- Inventory management.
- Operate equipment to wash and clean production parts to specifications.
- Chip spin process and control segregation of metals.
- Cleaning and oil management for automatic equipment.
- Know proper handling and storage techniques for hazardous materials.
- Responsibility for some equipment maintenance is required.
- Maintains a safe and clean work area.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or GED required. (3 years of general warehouse experience will be accepted in lieu of a High School diploma.)
- 1-2 years previous warehouse experience a plus.
- Computer skills
- Forklift experience / license
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work with limited supervision.
- Factory environment.
- Must be able to maneuver / lift 50 pounds continuously.
- Work must be performed on site during normal The Specialty Mfg. Co. business hours.
The Specialty Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer. The Specialty Manufacturing will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.