Position: Sales Manager – SafeWay Hydraulics
Shift: 1st Shift (Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm)
Location: White Bear Lake, MN
The Sales Manager will manage and perform all daily sales functions, including managing new inquiries, managing projects, and managing accounts. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sell new and existing accounts:
- Work directly with customer’s Engineering and Purchasing groups to develop and service accounts in assigned territories.
- Analyze customer requirements and promote products and appropriate solutions.
- Prepare and submit timely quotations to our customers. Inquiries may require simple verbal quotations or may involve extensive technical documents supplied to the customer. Maintain correspondence and quotation files.
- Manage several independent sales representation groups across North America.
- Interact with other internal departments (e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Customer Service) to ensure the proper handling of customer needs.
- Identify new markets where The Specialty Mfg. lacks coverage and identify potential new applications in existing markets.
- Participate in planning and formation of The SafeWay marketing and sales strategies.
- Assistance in coordinating monthly performance spreadsheets, marketing promotions, literature and competitive information.
- External travel as needed to drive revenue.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experiences in sales and marketing.
- 10 plus years of Sales experience
- Strong Technical aptitude and experience in the valve fluid control industries preferred.
- Solid organizational, mathematical and analytical abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Strong social skills, ability to interact with employees and customers and vendors
- Work in an office environment.
- Most work must be performed on site during normal SMC business hours.
Interested candidates may also email their resume to email@example.com (only .doc, .pdf or .txt formats will be accepted). Your information will be submitted to The Specialty Mfg. Co. Human Resources Department for review. Applications and resumes will be retained for one year. The Specialty Mfg. Co. is fully committed to the concept and equal practice of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in all aspects of employment. The Specialty Mfg. Co. considers all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.